Ponce, the largest city in South of Puerto Rico was officially founded in year 1692, when the small chapel in honor to our Lady of Guadalupe became Parish with the Royal Decree. In the year 1848 it is declared villa. Then it becomes the head of the Civil, Military and Judicial departments, to be declared a city in 1877. Since this proud past, Ponce offers us great legacies that today result in an intense tourist historic zone. Places like the Museum of Art, La Perla Theatre, the Armstrong Poventud House, the Hacienda Buena Vista, completely restored as self-sufficient in coffee and corn, the Museum of Puertorrican Music, the Museum of the History of Ponce, the Caja de Muerto Island (natural reserve of beautiful beaches), The Vigía Cross and, of course, the Castillo Serrallés Museum are added to the long list of interesting places that Ponce offers.